1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SPB 0909 Think Click - Advice - Reports

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by gq52, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Having gone over the basics of queries again using a totally different database, this is something where I get students to have a group discussion before going away and doing their 'own thing' and having to justify it in their brief write up or eportfolio commentaries.
    They could use single or multiple codes eg U Or UP Or UT or G, etc, (or wildcards), they could choose some of the topics that might be relevant too (eg cyberbullying. chat, etc) possibly combining thereby refining selection........
    This allows for differentiation - there is no single right answer. Its worth telling the students this too.

2. gq52

Thanks for you comment, Last year I asked the class discuss the different solutions and then asked them for a class vote, and so most of them went with UP - which brings up no results. This year I am going to give them more guidance and again discuss the options and show the results on the database, my preferred option is going to be P. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Cheers

RK