1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish tutor seeks recommendation for Spanish textbook course - primary

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by snowynoah, Feb 25, 2011.

1. I would be very grateful to receive recommendations for Spanish textbook courses that would be suitable to use with a Year 4 student who already has a good grasp of basic Spanish. I have been using Listos 1 but, being a secondary textbook, the subject matter has a very teenage bias. La Pandilla, Colega and Uno, Dos, Tres, Ya look like they might be a bit basic... Is there anything that bridges the gap between totally basic and secondary? Any suggestions gratefully received!

2. I would be very grateful to receive recommendations for Spanish textbook courses that would be suitable to use with a Year 4 student who already has a good grasp of basic Spanish. I have been using Listos 1 but, being a secondary textbook, the subject matter has a very teenage bias. La Pandilla, Colega and Uno, Dos, Tres, Ya look like they might be a bit basic... Is there anything that bridges the gap between totally basic and secondary? Any suggestions gratefully received!

3. runaway

runaway New commenter

In my humble opinion there are NO textbooks suitable for a year 4 student in any language - nor would I want there to be. presumably this is for private tuition in which case i suggest you use realia - childrens books and magazines, websites or take a peek at QCA schemes of work from unit 7-24 for linguistic guidelines.