1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish Steps

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by MyOrchid, Sep 8, 2019.

1. MyOrchid

MyOrchid New commenter

Dear Colleagues,

I know that we are not supposed to refer to specific schools by name, and I assume that goes for positive comments as well as negative ones. However, if people with recent experience of working in Spain could recommend schools where they have had positive working experiences I would appreciate it. Perhaps a cryptic mention of the name or a PM might keep the moderators happy.

I am looking to move next year and would greatly appreciate information on IBDP schools in particular where the managament and working conditions are favourable. I realise that the salary will most likely be disappointing....

Thank you,
    Orchid

2. tb9605

tb9605 Occasional commenter

Can't help with IBDP schools I'm afraid. However, there's a massive Swedish teaching group set up by an American lady that has expanded into Spain. It now has 5 English curriculum schools dotted around the mainland, with plans to buy more. I'm in my third year of working for this group and am very happy. Salaries are nothing special, but management have their hearts in the right place and work-life balance is very good. Lots of opportunities for career advancement, if that's your thing. PM if you want more details/less crytpic clues.

Buena suerte.

3. MyOrchid

MyOrchid New commenter

Thank you for your reply, tb9605,

I will do some research.

Best wishes,
    Orchid

4. miketribe

miketribe Established commenter

I sent you a message.

Mike

5. MyOrchid