1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish role Interview in large State school trail class

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by azahar, Sep 23, 2020.

1. azahar

azahar New commenter

HI
    I have been asked to do an interview for a school which is a very large state school next weds. The observed class is to teach a group of 31 kids in Year 8 revision of how to talk about physical appearance - 35 minute class. ( I imagine it is the end of one of the units from VIVA)

I have never worked in the state sector only in the independent and the largest group I've ever taught is about 18.

I would really welcome some tips as I am most worried about class management, and level. There will be many abilities in such a large class I guess and I am used to being able to teach in the target language by at least 60-70% - I imagine this will not work in this set up - in my last interview i did what I was used to which was aim for majority target language but the school said the level was far too high and i didn't get the job.

Any advice would be really welcome many thanks in advance

2. lindsayrawnsley

lindsayrawnsley New commenter

I would do some speakjng pair work maybe a describing game. Be clear about the rules. Choose some faces they will know. If you have access to data about the class, it will help you to know your audience. Try and get feedback as you go.