1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish GCSE Reading and Listening exams today

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by brownbag, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Did anyone else find the AQA exams ridiculously difficult today? I had a number of very bright pupils completely deflated by the experience. They were doing the higher exam which, once again, was directed towards catching them out rather than testing their ability in the language. It's beginning to annoy me now as the AQA always seem to justify their choice of questions and language in some woolly way that absolves them. Do they want pupils to pass and schools to "buy" their exams? What were your experiences?

2. I agree totally about the difficult questions.My group were also very down about the whole experience. Am really hoping grade boundaries will reflect a difficult higher paper!

3. mkid

mkid New commenter

I thought the tests were more difficult than past years. They seemed to be testing thinking skills rather than language knowledge.
    My students feel quite demotivated now.

4. gsglover

gsglover Occasional commenter

Our students could not cope with the degree of difficulty of the higher listening. Foundation reading seemed OK.

5. My pupils also found the experience awful! Nothing like other past papers and very tricky. Compare it to the French today!

6. ambi

ambi New commenter

I agree that the French was easier (still a couple of hard Qs in there too however!). In the Spanish the one about the statistics to do with women really was the pits I thought - mine didn't have a clue about that.