1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish for KS3 in pupil referral unit

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by rockabye, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hello!
    I work in a PRU where KS3 are in a mixed Y8, Y9 group, usually 8 maximum. I would really appreciate ideas for simple Spanish resources I could buy that you think might work with unsettled kids - short attention span, poor attendance, leave room if bored or if anything looks too hard. I can't teach a course - it's dip into this and that topic, pick up a few words, have a bit of fun. If they remember anything next lesson that will be a bonus.
    I have seen lots of nice websites and games but I'm thinking more of stuff to calm them down and get them sat and focused - I remember seeing books with French and German photocopiable resources years ago for supply teachers. It had very simple worksheets. Things with colouring...nothing too taxing. Cutting and pasting. If it's aimed at slightly younger kids that's OK as long as it's not too obvious!
    All suggestions gratefully received.

2. Hello!
    I work in a PRU where KS3 are in a mixed Y8, Y9 group, usually 8 maximum. I would really appreciate ideas for simple Spanish resources I could buy that you think might work with unsettled kids - short attention span, poor attendance, leave room if bored or if anything looks too hard. I can't teach a course - it's dip into this and that topic, pick up a few words, have a bit of fun. If they remember anything next lesson that will be a bonus.
    I have seen lots of nice websites and games but I'm thinking more of stuff to calm them down and get them sat and focused - I remember seeing books with French and German photocopiable resources years ago for supply teachers. It had very simple worksheets. Things with colouring...nothing too taxing. Cutting and pasting. If it's aimed at slightly younger kids that's OK as long as it's not too obvious!
    All suggestions gratefully received.

3. Have you thought about aiming for the AQA Entry Level Certificate in Spanish? It is aimed at Entry Levels 1 - 3. It is continuous assessment and would give you a focus. Testing materials are downloadable and you would know exactly what to teach.

4. Thank you for that idea...I shall investigate!

5. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

6. Great site. Thanks ever so much!