1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish environment speaking controlled assessment

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by jools30, May 5, 2012.

1. jools30

jools30 New commenter

Hi, has anyone done a speaking assessment on the Environment that they would care to share. I am specifically looking for the sorts of questions you used for the unpredictable element.
    Thanks

2. jools30

jools30 New commenter

Hi, has anyone done a speaking assessment on the Environment that they would care to share. I am specifically looking for the sorts of questions you used for the unpredictable element.
    Thanks

3. We did this for French, and these are the five that we used:
    1. Do you think recycling should be compulsory?
    2. Do you help around the house?
    3. Is it important to care for wildlife?
    4. If you were mayor how would you manage the environment where you live?
    5. What do you do to care for the environment?
    These were the questions used for the candidates typically aiming for the grades B - A*. My colleague who works with the lower tier (grades C - E) used some questions which were easier and elicted a straight forward response from the candidate. With the higher candidates we emphasised that they should be looking to use opinions, expanding on them and making use for more advanced tenses (such as conditional) to achieve an A* for the unpredictable element of the assessment.