1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish books for year 9

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by vaneturca, May 3, 2011.

1. Hi! We will start our Spanish program in year 9 with a two year preparation course of 2 hours a week for IGCSE Spanish as a Second Language. What book would you recommend? I have heard of Mira Express (we use Mira 1 and 2 in 6th and 7th grade)
    thanks a lot
    Vanesa

2. We are looking at doing three years in two (Years 8 and 9) as an extra language. I have Mira Express 1 and 2 which is said to cover Mira 1, 2,3 in two years. Looks good. We use Mira 4 Higher for GCSE. I really like these books. Just asked for inspection copies (I was sad and bought the students books for myself via Amazon!) and also for teachers books and resource packs to really make sure it is good. Hope this helps.

3. ambi

ambi New commenter

We, too , are using the Mira 1 and 2 express with yr 8 beginners and yr 9. Love the books compared to old book (Espanol de Primero) which I loathed. Lots of resources if you can afford the Resource and assessment stuff. It is only the first year of using these but it is going well so far.