1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish A Level tutoring

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by znasrawy1979, Sep 18, 2018.

1. znasrawy1979

znasrawy1979 New commenter

Hello,

I am a native speaker of Spanish and I’ve been asked by a friend to help his daughter with her A Level Spanish. She needs about an hour or two a week to practice her speaking. As I’ve never done this before, I’m just here for some advice. Is it as simple as just speaking in Spanish or do I need to focus on past exam papers, certain topics for practicing conversation in Spanish?

Gracias.

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

You need to know what the exam board is looking for in terms of the grade she is aiming for. Look at the speaking exam and see what they are expected to do. I think you can find some recordings of previous candidates doing their exam on the exam board website. They may have to describe a book or a film or something.
    Personally I don't do A level as my experience in school was all in a school without a sixth form. Speaking Spanish with a native certainly won't do her any harm

znasrawy1979 likes this.