1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spanish A level - Studying different cultural topics

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Gabylu, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Gabylu

Gabylu New commenter

Hello everybody!

I have been a lurker for sometime but now I have a question I would like to ask and get as many different ideas / advice as possible!
    So, here it goes. This is my first year teaching Spanish A2. I have a class of 4 students, who would like to do different cultural topics. Two of them would like Pan's Labyrinth, the other two the Cuban Revolution. I am just wondering how do people manage doing 2 different topics at the same time with the same group?
    Do you divide them and just have a session with each pair? Or have them all go through the material even though they will not sit that in the exam?
    It is a question of management, the students are very enthusiastic and while they could all do the same topic, I rather they are 100% happy and engaged with the topic (which is why they chose).

So please, any advice on how to best organise this will be most welcome!

2. veverett

veverett Occasional commenter

Do you do AQA? You have to do 2 cultural topics, so you could do both topics with all the pupils. Otherwise with only 4 pupils you could probably manage to have them doing different topics as they have chosen. Beware that the cultural topics are a major part of the course. It is two thirds of the speaking and the essay paper.