1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spam gets everywhere!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by irs1054, Feb 13, 2017.

1. irs1054

irs1054 Star commenter

A picture from halfway down the Marianas Trench.
    [​IMG]
    So how do people feel about pollution and whether we are managing to deal with it?

As suggested in the tags, this can be about electronic, or physical, local or national.

As far as physical, I think much more needs to be done at source so that we can recycle much more easily. Simple containers, not multiple types of plastic that are difficult or even impossible to recycle. Plus simple labeling to allow people to sort out rubbish into different categories.

As far as electronic is concerned, I don't seem to be as badly afflicted as I used to be, what experience do other have?

needabreak likes this.
  2. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

We should ensure all product are in safe recyclable and refillable containers, it would save businesses money and the environment, they could automate refills but it would require an investment in the first instance and might make them uncompetitive so others who do not offer the refill option would have to incur some sort of penalty to "encourage" them to comply.

Body shop used to do it years ago, not sure if they still do though. I am all for paper/carboard bags/boxes for packaging and recycling them, some manufacturers have taken it on board with electric goods but not for food and cleaning products.

You are right it is a huge issue although I guess we have made some headway with paying for plastic bags and encouraging people to use reusable bags. It is literally a drop in the ocean, especially if other countries are using plastic disposable bags.

peggylu likes this.
  3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Oops duplicated so deleted the post.