1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Spain oposiciones

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by butterf1y, Mar 3, 2012.

1. I am currently working in a state billingual school as a teaching assistant but would like to stay in Spain and teach here in a colegio publico.
    I completed a PGCE with QTS in 2009 and from what I have found on the internet it seems to be possible to get this recognised here to take the oposiciones without having to complete more teacher training here, but that this can be a difficult process.
    I´d like to hear from anyone who has been through this process. Did you need to get your degree recognised as well as your teaching qualifications? How long did the process take and how did you apply to do this?
    My level of spanish is C1, would this be sufficient to pass the exams (I can express myself well but not always grammatically perfectly)? I´ve been told that all the exams for English teachers who want to work within billingual schools would be in English, but I also heard that there was a general exam that everybody has to take which I assume would be in Spanish, is this right?
    Thanks to anyone who can offer me advice.

2. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

Thanks for such an intersting post Nursey.
    Having lived in Spain for over 10 years now, I have often thought of trying to teach in the Spanish sector. I understand your rant completely, If I'm required to sort out any paperwork here, it always seems to take forever.

3. missmunchie

4. Thanks for your help and I know exactly what you mean. I had to take over all the exam preparation for the trinity because the teacher didn´t have a clue, she didn´t even know which level the kids were going to be taking. There are lots of teachers here that seem to have no interest in education and the majority don´t do any planning at all!
    I´ve also seen lots of student teachers come and go, and it´s a real shame because while the majority do nothing at school and just tick off their days. There are a few who really put in an effort and volunteer to teach as many lessons as possible but this won´t be recognised when they want to get a job.

5. Thanks Munchie, I found this too, I sent them a message about a week ago, but they are ignoring me lol

6. http://www.magisnet.com/noticia/11250/Pol%C3%ADtica-educativa/aguirre-decidida-ministerio-permita-profesores-nativos-den-clases.html

This has given me a bit of hope :)

7. missmunchie

8. The younger teachers speak English well.

9. BigFrankEM

BigFrankEM Occasional commenter

What's your problem !

Are you not xenophobic ?

Why next you'll be telling me you actually "quite like" d@goes !

10. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

Good to see that that you're still doggedly hanging onto the wrong end of any stick, Frank, but welcome back all the same. We actually 'quite like' eejits.