1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Space themed fancy dress

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Mangleworzle, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I've been to the shops in town, one has nothing and the other has some rubbish lycra Star Trek costume or a Yoda outfit for children. I have glanced through my wardrobe and seem to be quite short on mettalic effect clothing.
    So I need to make something - any ideas? Sewing is out, but buying a cheap t-shirt and trousers or similar and doing something with them would be ok. I am a middle aged bloke, so thought that would rule out all of the skimpy near fetish wear costumes that seem to be quite commonly available for women on any theme at all.

2. Mangleworzle

I've been to the shops in town, one has nothing and the other has some rubbish lycra Star Trek costume or a Yoda outfit for children. I have glanced through my wardrobe and seem to be quite short on mettalic effect clothing.
    So I need to make something - any ideas? Sewing is out, but buying a cheap t-shirt and trousers or similar and doing something with them would be ok. I am a middle aged bloke, so thought that would rule out all of the skimpy near fetish wear costumes that seem to be quite commonly available for women on any theme at all.

3. Paint a cardboard box and go as a robot. Add some tentacles and you could be an alien.

4. Mangleworzle

I'm hoping for something a bit more realistic, Mrs. M. offered to paint a dustbin and place it upside down on me, I might be tempted but somebody would sit on me.

5. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Wear head-to-toe black, and go as a black hole!

6. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Dress head-to-toe in black and go as a black hole!

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

"Realistic"?

8. Go as Doctor Who. You can take your pick as to which one, but the last three have all had looks that should be quite easy tto mimic

9. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Put on overalls, a helmet of some kind (toy one or crash helmet, decorated if necessary),silver painted wellies and strap an empty plastic barrel thing to your back and go as Captian Paralytic [​IMG]

10. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Ooops. [​IMG] Don't know what happened there. It certainly wasn't such a good idea it needed repeating!

11. Lab coat, geeky glases and a pocketful of tiny screwdrivers? All in white and form a crescent moon when people ask what you are? All in orange with some hula hoops and you can be saturn + rings...

12. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Dress as Tina Turner or a similar celebrity, and claim you are a star.

Or Freddie Starr?

13. Mangleworzle

Less of the primary school party day wear feel about it.
    Black hole and Saturn sound possibly do-able.

14. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Darth Maul - black head to toe cape, crazy zigzag red and black face paint. Painted stick as light sabre
    [​IMG]

15. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

Red sweatshirt
    Black trousers tucked into boots (or socks, if necessary).
    Wouldn't even need the ST badge for everyone to know you'll be dead in 10 minutes! :)
    Very Final Frontier.

16. Wear on old (hollowed out) TV cabinet on your head and go as Holly from Red Dwarf

17. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

What if he's not bald? Or doesn't have long fair hair?!

18. Ok. Forget the TV cabinet. Just strap a red torchlight to your chest and go as Hal.....you can still call everyone Dave. :¬))

19. jazz2

jazz2 New commenter

Cool :)

20. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Paint yourself in melted chocolate and go as a Milky Way