1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Space theme cooking ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ellie28, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Does anyone have any nice ideas for space eg decorating alien biscuits/ alien jelly / plant pizzas. Have picked up these ideas from here but not sure how to go about them so they look effective. Any ideas much appreciated!

Hopefully this will fit in with our instructions topic.

2. Does anyone have any nice ideas for space eg decorating alien biscuits/ alien jelly / plant pizzas. Have picked up these ideas from here but not sure how to go about them so they look effective. Any ideas much appreciated!

Hopefully this will fit in with our instructions topic.

3. baileyblade

baileyblade New commenter

Not sure if you're a subscriber to Child Education, but the following link has some good space themed cooking ideas. These include edible aliens (basically ginger bread shaped biscuits with smarties all over them), jelly moons (setting jelly in orange peels), spiral galaxies (plain and milk sponge rolled ontop of each other) and spicy sunshine dip.

http://magazines.scholastic.co.uk/resources/27937

4. How about rock cakes with those silver balls in them? I'v got a cook book called 'the ultimate cook book ' by Jane Bull and in it it has a recipe for moon rocks - and other variations. let me give it a go at giving you the recipes :

makes 8-12 cakes - basic mix

8oz SR flour

3oz soft brown sugar

3oz butter 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice and same of salt

1 egg

then to make 'moon rocks' add 4 oz raisins or to make 'comet rocks' add 4oz choc chips instead of the raisins or to make 'meteor shower cakes' add 4oz sugar strands and finally to make 'mars attacks cakes' add 1tsp of red colouring to make a marbled effect in the dough. (All names are the ones given in the book).

mix butter and flour,

add sugar and <u>either</u> raisins, choc chips , sugar strands,

mix eggs in seperate bowl and then add to dry mix (if making mars attaks add colouring after egg is nearly all mixed in)

grease cooking tray

form mixture into rocky mounds

bake in preheated oven 200'c / 400'f / gas mark 6 for about 15 mins

Hope these help if I havn't explained any of this properly please do ask :)

5. Thanks for ideas so far!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can make space critter jelly - what can I add to the jelly?!

6. could you not just add some jelly sweets - buy some creepy crawly ones or cheap halloween ones (after the 31st) and put them in to the jelly once its cooled slightly?