1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Space Port Speaker

Discussion in 'Science' started by CoachforStudents, Sep 23, 2018.

1. CoachforStudents

CoachforStudents New commenter

Hi Everyone,
    I am an experienced science (space, nanotechnology) speaker, speaking at schools across the country promoting STEM subjects (in particular the space industry). I was the head of Women in STEM at[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]for several years!

I would like to visit schools in the areas of the new "Space Ports" - Newquay, Snowdownia, and Sutherland, who would be interested in finding what a space port actually is, and how local pupils could get careers there, though various routes such as degrees, apprenticeships and vocational programmes.

I am applying for government funding to be able do this, but in order to prove there is a need for this funding, I need a few schools to express their interest in hosting such a talk!

This is completely non-committal, but if you would be interested in my coming to your school and talking to pupils either as part of a science lesson, or an science club, please get in touch - I would love to hear from you! The more schools that get in touch, the stronger my case for funding will be!

Many Thanks
    [This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018