1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Space Poems??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cocopop77, Sep 2, 2011.

1. I teach Year 5 and our theme this term is space. I was thinking they could write poetry linked to the space theme in a variety of styles and wondered if anyone had done this before and had some good space poem examples.
    Has anyone used 'Greeting, Earthlings! Space Poems' by James Carter and Brian Moses?

2. I teach Year 5 and our theme this term is space. I was thinking they could write poetry linked to the space theme in a variety of styles and wondered if anyone had done this before and had some good space poem examples.
    Has anyone used 'Greeting, Earthlings! Space Poems' by James Carter and Brian Moses?

3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

you could write some space Haikus and then use the instruments to make background sounds as they are read out

4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

for example

Mars is very hot (fiery sounds on tambourines, maraccas) ,
    floating in your big space suit (long floating sounds on triangles, chime bars)

Bumping up and down. (bouncy rhythms on drums, claves, wooden blocks)

5. Brilliant. Thanks for those great ideas. I was just looking at linking in music.