1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SOW

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Penny10p, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Penny10p

Penny10p Occasional commenter

Can anyone recommend good software or templates for writing schemes of work? I'm looking to include detailed lesson plans and resources.

2. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

I have never understood why anyone includes detailed lesson plans in a scheme of work.

No two teachers teach in the same way. In my opinion, a scheme of work should contain a detailed list of what is to be covered throughout the school year. I usually include end-of-unit assessments which all teachers use to have a consistent measure of attainment. The individual teacher can decide how they deliver the learning. I have found that I never teach the same thing the same way twice. I always adapt to the class in front of me.

Stiltskin likes this.
  3. dalersmith

dalersmith Occasional commenter

I suppose it depends on the school, I have worked at schools that require SOWs to have explicit lesson plans, and others that just want to know what is being learned. However, I always, as moscowbore says, include standardised end of topic tests. That being said I am currently rewriting my current scheme to fit in with my current school's "knowledge rich" curriculum.

Stiltskin likes this.
  4. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Star commenter

It is funny how some schools use the term "knowledge rich" but actually mean information rich...