1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SOW - Spanish - Edexcel

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Persopolis, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Persopolis

Persopolis New commenter

Hello all. I am a newly appointed Head of Spanish in a comprehensive
    school. The school has decided to offer Spanish for the first time. I
    will be teaching Spanish to GCSE level in two years. I need to come up with a fresh Spanish SOW for June.
    I am anxious as this is my first post as HOD. The exam board is Edexcel
    and as far as the textbook is concerned I have quite a few in mind, but
    I would appreciate your advice too. Does anyone use Listos 3 in conjuction with the Edexcel exam board, or should I go for a different textbook altogether? I have not yet received the Edexcel version of GCSE book,
    so I can't comment on it. Has anyone out there used or is using it, and
    what do you think about it? Any other resources t you may think useful
    other than the standard stuff?Any advice / samples on SOW, textbooks and
    resources is much appreciated. By the way, I have done KS3 SOW before but not GCSE. So, this is why I am asking.
    Many thanks

2. Persopolis

Persopolis New commenter

Hello all. I am a newly appointed Head of Spanish in a comprehensive
    school. The school has decided to offer Spanish for the first time. I
    will be teaching Spanish to GCSE level in two years. I need to come up with a fresh Spanish SOW for June.
    I am anxious as this is my first post as HOD. The exam board is Edexcel
    and as far as the textbook is concerned I have quite a few in mind, but
    I would appreciate your advice too. Does anyone use Listos 3 in conjuction with the Edexcel exam board, or should I go for a different textbook altogether? I have not yet received the Edexcel version of GCSE book,
    so I can't comment on it. Has anyone out there used or is using it, and
    what do you think about it? Any other resources t you may think useful
    other than the standard stuff?Any advice / samples on SOW, textbooks and
    resources is much appreciated. By the way, I have done KS3 SOW before but not GCSE. So, this is why I am asking.
    Many thanks

3. foroff2233

foroff2233 New commenter

You'll find the Pearson Educational (Edexcel Spanish book) very serviceable, I think. It comes with a workbook and SOW at two levels are included. Good Luck.

4. Listos 3 is a good book. You can go for Caminos series 1,2, 3 along with the RAF (Resource and Assessment File).

5. Persopolis

Persopolis New commenter

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll have a look.

6. Hola. I use the Pearson book, (R and V) but am finding the higher book too 'dense', a bit like Encore Tricolore 4 for French GCSE if you know that one. I find I am dipping into Listos 3 a lot. (Again R and V)
    So, as we are getting a SOW together at the moment in our dept, I am thinking that using both SOWs that come from the publishers is the way to go. Both sets are downloadable from the Pearson/Heinemann website.
    I also use resources from Authentik as their practise books for reading and writing are good. There is also a grammar practice book for GCSE Spanish that I use, but I cant remember the author's name at the moment.
    Hope thats helpful.
    Saludos,
    Derek

7. Hi - it was the Edexcel book that I find too dense.

The grammar workbook is for AQA and its by Shirley Buckley. If you google it you will find the ISBN [​IMG]