1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Southend TTP ltd Interview on 4th May.

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by wkclark, Apr 28, 2011.

1. wkclark

wkclark New commenter

Hi,
    I've been through their interview process and was incredibly fortunate to be offered a place for next year (secondary Physics). Remember: one minute is really only a few sentences (mine was about 4), so pick a more specific aspect of your subject. They emphasise that they know everyone is really nervous in such an artificial setting/ task etc... I also think it's more about your delivery than what you say (try to memorise it so looking at notes doesn't detract from your delivery).
    Don't be worried about the maths and english tests. It's basic mental arithmetic (no algebra, trig, calc etc) and the english is very straighforward. They are not timed but took most people roughly 15-25 minutes to complete. Relax.
    My interview was on a different day to the presentation/ testing day, so don't know how it will be this time round. Show passion for your subject and teaching. They aren't trying to catch you out, just find out more about you and your experience. I got asked questions about good teaching practice and what I've seen, behaviour management strategies to employ etc... I was asked a few questions about the basic curriculum (fundamentals of the subject), so be comfortable with that. Have a look at Safeguarding Children and diversity issues. Most of all, relax and enjoy the process as much as you can. Good luck and hope to see you next year!
    Kate

2. Thanks Kate. I have prepared the talk now. Ive chosen a topic of biology hope it goes down well.
    Its the mental arithmatic which I am more worried about as it wasn't my strongest subjects. I have the assesment and interview the very same day so it would be hard going.
    I really hope I get it. Well done on your achievement. Hope its going well.
    If I get in will surely message you on here.
    A.