1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Southampton PCP SCITT interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Kirstyhoops, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hi,

I have an interview with the primary catholic partnership SCITT soon, so nervous! Has anyone who has had an interview with them have any advice on the interview process, or is there anyone who also has an interview?

Any advice much appreciated!!

2. Hi,

I have an interview with the primary catholic partnership SCITT soon, so nervous! Has anyone who has had an interview with them have any advice on the interview process, or is there anyone who also has an interview?

Any advice much appreciated!!

3. Hi, I don't know if this helps but I had my interview for a GTP place today, among the questions I was asked were these,
    1. What do you think went well in the presentation?
    !a. What would you do differently next time?
    2. Tell us about a memorable experience from your past learning, as a child or studying for a degree. (I related the experience to why I want to help children find learning interesting)
    3. What skills can you bring which will be useful in teaching? (I said my interest in music as a tool for reaching all children whatever their ability, details of recent experiences in school, GCSE maths, recent training in teaching reading, my motivation to help children learn.)
    4. Why do you want to teach? (Remember to talk about the children as well as yourself here.)
    5. Do you have any questions? (I had one prepared but do you think I could remember it at the time?)
    6. What do you think will be the most difficult thing about teacher training?
    Just answer from the heart, be honest and you will be okay.
    Also, remember to brush up on your spelling, grammar, punctuation and use of standard english for the written part. Take a spare bit of paper to practise your writing/composition on before you fill in the form they give you.
    Don't be too nervous. You are not expected to know all the answers, you just need to have the willingness to take on the challenge that ITT will be. Be yourself and you will be fine. Good luck!