1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

South Riding

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Who else has settled down to watch?

2. Actually, recording it to watch after The Promise.
    Don't you just love Sunday nights when you haven't got school the next day!

3. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

My mother is really looking forward to this. As its an Andrew Davies adaptation she probably won't last the course.

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

David Morrissey does it for me[​IMG]

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

What do you think. I'm loving it!

6. Me too

7. Yes I'm enjoying it too- helps that I'm in a good mood about it being half term [​IMG]

I tend to enjoy anything that Anna Maxwell Martin is in.

8. I'm enjoying it too. I'm sure that I have read the book years ago, but I can't remember any of the plot.

9. what happened - who did david morrisey go and see at the end - mr side spoke and i missed it!

10. Muriel ...his wife, Midge's mother.

11. ooo - potential to get complicated!

12. Do you think he will lose a hand and his eyesight when Muriel burns the house down?

13. TuT

I am sure that MrsB has considered having you locked up before now

x

14. Just got round to watching it and I really enjoyed it. I'm finding Councillor Huggins particularly amusing!

15. I enjoyed it - the book was in my Christmas stocking, which I shall be reading afterwards. Also looking forward to Rupert Penry-Jones in 'Silk' on Tuesday [​IMG]

16. I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know this was a book [​IMG]. I'd better see if I can get it onto my Kindle quickly.
    I loved the programme last night. It's not often that I'm absorbed by anything on the tv but this did that for me.

17. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

God I must be old: watching it last night I was transported back to the 1974 series with Lesley Dunlop in the role of Lydia - it was lying dormant in the dark recesses of my memory.
    In a TV interview the other day I learned that the author died very young, in her thirties, even before the book was published I think they said.

18. Nice to see a costume drama which isn't (much as I love them) Dickens, Bronte or Austen.
    Very timely as well in these times of austerity and spending cuts.
    The dilapidated building reminded me of my secondary school!