1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

South or North Lanarkshire council

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by LouR21, Oct 18, 2018.

1. LouR21

LouR21 New commenter

Hello,
    I am currently doing my PGDE primary and will soon be picking a local authority to work in for my probation year. I am stuck between making South or North Lanarkshire my first choice. Can anyone give me any support in what to pick and your own preference. Thank you

2. sir2006

sir2006 New commenter

For what it’s worth, I know teachers in both authorities and the reality is that they both have their pros and cons, much like any other authority. Im not convinced that one particularly stands out over the other but someone else may come along and prove me wrong. Personally, I’d prefer South Lanarkshire but that’s because I’m more familiar with this Local Authority area as a whole. Personally, I’d choose the authority that involved less travel time from home and I’d give some serious thought to the general areas you’d like to work in when you qualify.

LouR21 likes this.
  3. LouR21

LouR21 New commenter

Thank you so much. This has helped a lot.