1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

South Gloucestershire application form??

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Nov 1, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Make sure that you read the shortlisting clickables inside the Welcome thread, Modge, so that your application stands out and highlights your strengths.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

That's what I've done recently on an application. They did apologise saying a virus had infected their word versions and so only PDFs were available. Wondered if that was a little test to see how capable you were of finding a way around the problem?

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

What, a school deliberately taking down their Word version to make things difficult for candidates and then send them off on a secret Treasure Hunt see if there just happened to be one somewhere else in the county?
    Not very likely, as scenarios go . . .
    But well done for finding it.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. modgepodge

modgepodge Established commenter

Thanks all :)
    Getting the hang of these executive summaries now (doing my 2nd one), hoping that will make me stand out. On the visit round the school the head said if she has a lot of apps (which she will) the first thing she'll do is go through the apps and compare them against the essential criteria, so hopefully my app will make this very easy for her!
    I meet all the essential criteria but not all the desirable (for example "experience of leading Year 4") so should I just miss out the ones I don't meet, rather than put them in and leave a blank space?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes - never put one in and leave it blank!
    Good luck