1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

South American Art

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fudgebunny, May 30, 2011.

1. Hello!
    I am looking for ideas related to South American Art which I could do with my Y4 class for a multicultural arts week. Ideas I have so far: Dios Ojos (using sticks and wool) and making some clay beads. Has anyone got any fab ideas which are relatively simple/don't require extensive resources?
    Thanks!
    Fudgebunny

2. Hello!
    I am looking for ideas related to South American Art which I could do with my Y4 class for a multicultural arts week. Ideas I have so far: Dios Ojos (using sticks and wool) and making some clay beads. Has anyone got any fab ideas which are relatively simple/don't require extensive resources?
    Thanks!
    Fudgebunny

3. What a wonderful topic! Argentina is such a vast country you can spend a whole week alone on it. Tango costumes, salta & jujuy and the beautiful natural colours you find there - the sands and minerals are multicoloured and form amazing shapes. The inca trail starts in the north there as well.
    Then Patagonia - grass and cattle. I have a friend - Francisca llambias who paints cows. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=29622816154#!/group.php?gid=29622816154&v=photos
    You can have a go at painting your own cows, or you could relate it to national identity and paint something english/welsh, etc.
    Buenos aires has an amazing atmosphere, you could paint the football crowds at River plate or Boca - or you could recreate the houses of Boca - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=la+boca&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1345&bih=583&wrapid=tlif130675612207610&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

4. Oooh that's fantastic-thank you!!! Love the cows idea, would link to SuperLambananas in Liverpool. Much appreciated!