1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sorry for yuck factor but my nose is all scabbed up inside..

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by inky, Jun 25, 2011.

1. inky

inky Lead commenter

I've been assuming it's just irritation caused by hay fever but now I'm wondering if it's an impetigo-like strep or staff thing.

Whatever it is, it's driving me mad.

2. Go to your gp - I had something similar once and was given Naseptin cream to treat it, which is a mild antibiotic. Cleared up a treat.

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Have just been doing a search and have decided to get a swab done at the doc's. I'm sick of waking up parched after breathing through my mouth despite drinking more than a litre of water every night over the hours I wake up repeatedly.

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Thank you Mrs Wo. I suddenly realised that what I was going through was NOT just another hay fever symptom.

xxx

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Mrs Wo replied to me on another thread.
    Anyone with simnilar symptoms should get a swab done.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

No she didn't. She replied to me on this one. I'm a piilock.

7. mrs wo didn't reply to you on this thread inky. But mrs mo did. Not sure if that still qualifies you as a pillock or not ;-)

8. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

If it is golden and oozy, then it might be impetigo and you will need tablets and cream, costing 2 prescriptions worth, .
    Some crusty red soreness happens with hayfever and colds though and will clear up in a couple of days without treatment.