1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sorry for the Daily Mail type question but how's this going to affect house prices?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Aug 6, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Will the double dip depress prices further because even fewer people will be able to raise the cash to buy or will it not make things any worse in UK? Will prices crash? Is it a good or terrible time to move? Financially would it be wiser to downsize - releasing cash, or go upmarket, as better property becomes affordable as desperate sellers accept lower offers than before.
    I'm sure these questions will all be answered in the Mail on Sunday but I wonder if anyone here has any thoughts.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Will the double dip depress prices further because even fewer people will be able to raise the cash to buy or will it not make things any worse in UK? Will prices crash? Is it a good or terrible time to move? Financially would it be wiser to downsize - releasing cash, or go upmarket, as better property becomes affordable as desperate sellers accept lower offers than before.
    I'm sure these questions will all be answered in the Mail on Sunday but I wonder if anyone here has any thoughts.

3. MayKasahara

MayKasahara New commenter

In my personal (and completely uninformed) opinion investing in property at the moment would be akin to playing roulette with your life savings! There was an interesting discussion on house prices Radio 4 programme "Money Box" a few weeks ago if you can't wait for the MoS tomorrow. On a slightly Mail on Sunday related note Have you seen this?