1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sore Tongue?

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by sel_chick, Feb 27, 2009.

1. My tongue seems really sore. I can't describe the pain, sort of a combination of how it feels when you've bitten it really hard and the pain I had when I got pierced!
    I can't identify the location of the pain - I think it's possibly at the left side, but it doesn't hurt it to poke it or feel it or try to bite down on it, only when I'm trying to move it - particularly when eating.
    There are no bumps, cuts, grazes, bites, ulcers or anything else that would indicate a reason why it would be sore. I've had my piercing for 6 years with no problems, so I doubt it's that!
    Any ideas? It's really annoying me!

2. My tongue seems really sore. I can't describe the pain, sort of a combination of how it feels when you've bitten it really hard and the pain I had when I got pierced!
    I can't identify the location of the pain - I think it's possibly at the left side, but it doesn't hurt it to poke it or feel it or try to bite down on it, only when I'm trying to move it - particularly when eating.
    There are no bumps, cuts, grazes, bites, ulcers or anything else that would indicate a reason why it would be sore. I've had my piercing for 6 years with no problems, so I doubt it's that!
    Any ideas? It's really annoying me!

3. Have you burnt it? Easily done when cooking.

4. I don't think so!
    Tongue has been sore for about 4 days now, and the only time I've cooked anything or eaten anything really hot was after it was already sore!

5. Phone up your doctors surgery, now, and find out if they have an out of hours service. Get this looked at urgently. Or phone NHS direct 0845 46 47

6. Lucky you - the question troll is in a panic for you.
    If it's still sore on Monday phone the doctor.

7. It could be a Dental problem.
    Anyway. Saturday morning, Phone your Doctors surgery, they may be open this morning.
    There should be an "out of hours" service in your district, find out where it is is and pop in today. It could be a serious infection.

8. I'd be interested to know if it turns out you're anaemic so I'll keep an eye on this thread. Take care.