1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sooooo whos scared about next monday?

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by SusanMarvin, Aug 28, 2012.

1. I feel the same, I have butterflies in my tummy!
    Im very excited about starting but iv not had any of those nightmares.. yet!!
    S

2. <font size="2">Equal measure of trepidation and excitement. Ultimately I can&rsquo;t wait and am just trying to link all those &ldquo;lessons learned&rdquo; in to my plans so that I don&rsquo;t have to re-learn them. Looking forward to ownership of my plans, lessons and classes whilst realising the other edge of the sword is that means I have responsibility also.</font>

3. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't planned a single lesson yet [​IMG]

4. I feel the same, last night dreamt that in my first lesson I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing so just sat in a panic trying to find a plan when the head walked in! Agh! I feel like I just want to start now so then at least I can find out the things i don't know rather than worrying endlessly about problems that may never happen! Is helpful to see other people are feeling the same and it's not just me! X

5. Don't worry. They will run riot regardless of whether you plan or not. Just relax. Dish out the detentions. Serve up the revenge cold. Let them figure out for themselves that it probably isn't worth their while..............

6. I'm worried about all the extra lessons we have to do as NQTs now. Just thinking about keepiing up with it all is giving me nighmares [​IMG]

7. Forgive my ignorance, but what extra lessons?

8. Shouldnt be too different, I think most people teach 80% by the end of their ITT. With PPA and NQT time we are still only doing 80%.

I'm really excited to start - its nice to feel the classroom is 'yours' and you can keep a stash of snacks in the desk drawers and not feel like your getting in someone elses' way!

9. I am terrified - but I was excited this morning :)
    I'm most nervous of taking my plans in and being told they are rubbish, though. I am stressing about the MTPs because I don't have all the schemes of work and don't really just want to make them up on my own!