1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sony ereader+Calibre - Help!

Discussion in 'Book club' started by lookingfornemo, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I have finally got round to downloading Calibre and have managed to transfer all of my 97 books onto the programme, but it will not convert any of the books I have bought from Waterstones. When you buy from there you have to download their digital editions reader so the books should go straight into there, but I usually download them onto the desktop and drag them across. They download in a format called ACSM and Calibre does not recognise it so it cannot convert it. Any ideas? The books were cheap - they have lots on for £1.99 today, but I would like them all in Calibre now I see how straightforward it is. Help!

2. I have finally got round to downloading Calibre and have managed to transfer all of my 97 books onto the programme, but it will not convert any of the books I have bought from Waterstones. When you buy from there you have to download their digital editions reader so the books should go straight into there, but I usually download them onto the desktop and drag them across. They download in a format called ACSM and Calibre does not recognise it so it cannot convert it. Any ideas? The books were cheap - they have lots on for £1.99 today, but I would like them all in Calibre now I see how straightforward it is. Help!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, it will not convert any books that have DRM - Digital Rights Management.
    DRM only allows books to be in one format and be read on one reader. That is to prevent you buying a book and then e-mailing it to everyone in your address book.
    It's the publishers' protection method.
    Sorry!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

4. Thank you for the useful information. I assume I will just have to transfer them from the adobe reader that I ahd to install. I will give it a go later. I think Calibre is great and wish I'd downloaded it months ago when I first read about it here.