1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Songs linked to toys topic

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lazydaisy13, Jan 31, 2011.

1. lazydaisy13

lazydaisy13 New commenter

Im doing a class assembly this week based on Toys. Does anyone know any toy based songs we could learn? Many thanks

2. lazydaisy13

Im doing a class assembly this week based on Toys. Does anyone know any toy based songs we could learn? Many thanks

3. How old are the children? I am assuming Nursery or Reception.
    For this week you could try dancing teddies to Teddy Bear Picnic song - and do some dancing to a great song by Laurrie Berkner called Toy Museum (full of all sorts of toys and the music changes to reflect them - really good fun).
    Not sure this will help for this week (too late to get the music books I think) but next time try Jack in the box (pitch of song matches the Jack in the box actions - so it is a rather nice song for musical learning) and Teddy Bear Teddy Bear, from the new Early Years Voices Foundation book Inside Music.
    Also a really wonderful little song which the children love is Two Teddies on a Trampoline by Linda Bance which is in Voice Works EY book (can't remember exact name but if anyone is interested I'll dig it out and let you know). We either pretend to be the teddies and jump ourselves or we pop a couple of teddies on a stretchy lycra pond and work together to bounce them.

4. How old are your children? I am assuming Nursery or Reception.
    It's a bit short notice to get these books but if you do this topic again in the future try Teddy Bear Teddy Bear and Jack in the Box from The Voices Foundation's new Early Years book Inside Music. Both are simple and children love them. I think these songs are also in the NYCOS Singing Games and Rhymes books.
    For some fun toy activities try dancing teddies to The Teddy Bear's Picnic or dance to Laurrie Berkner's Toy Museum song.
    An absolute favourite for me is Two Teddies on a Trampoline by Linda Bance - in Voice Play the EY Voice Works Book.

5. lazydaisy13

Thank you for your help. I teach reception children so I will look into those you have suggested.

6. sorry you got two answers - I wrote the first one - went to find the Voice Works Book and once I'd dealt with various other bits and bobs and finally came back to the computer it appeared that it had deleted what I had written - so I did it again!