1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Songs for Year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by stalemate, Sep 7, 2006.

1. There's a great CD called 'My First Album' - you can search for it on amazon or hmv.

It's got a CD full of great songs that your kids could sing along with. There's also a DVD with some fairy tales, quizzes, nursery rhymes and, most exciting for the kids at my school, action songs. These have a video of children doing the actions while the song plays. They've got karaoke-style words on the screen too! Very exciting.

2. I have been using all these songs/ideas with great success. Thanks again for your help!

Just wondering if anyone has a good 'end of day' 'going home' type song they would like to share?

Thanks!

3. MarilynDan

MarilynDan New commenter

If you want to support Climb (Children Living with Inherited MetaBolic Diseases) there are LOADS of songs with music and several sung to music on PowerPoint on my website.
    Please take time out to have a look. They take ages to make but for donations ranging from 50p a PowerPoint (the new counting rhymes work out at around 20p) they are cheap :)
    http://www.ks1resources.co.uk/
    They are dotted around the site but look at these sections the Songs on CD section and the September update section
    Thanks
    Marilyn

4. My class will enjoy joining in with these songs and it means I won't forget the words Thankyou