1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

songs for little red riding hood

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sophie3, Jun 17, 2011.

1. hi,
    I have to do an assembly next week, it is our first one and I want it to be really low key so we are going to act out the story of little red riding hood. Does anyone have any appropriate songs and/or dance music you would recommend?
    Thanks

2. hi,
    I have to do an assembly next week, it is our first one and I want it to be really low key so we are going to act out the story of little red riding hood. Does anyone have any appropriate songs and/or dance music you would recommend?
    Thanks

3. portugirl

portugirl New commenter

Singing Sherlock Book 1 has a good rap:
    "She's the coolest in the wood - what's she called? Red Riding Hood!"
    I could e-mail it to you if you need it?

4. Go to out of the ark music - www.outoftheark.com - they have a series called the Song ~& Story Series which has little plays for 3-6 year olds, all about traditional tales. They have 9 titles including Little Red Riding ~Hood. There ar 3 little songs linked to the story in the book and cd which comes with backing tracks and vocals. you can listen on line to song clips to get a feel for them.

5. This is a completely different story but another idea for future class assemblies! I did one with my Mixed Rec and Year 1 class and we did Goldilocks and Three Bears. I used the song off the British Council website... "When goldilocks went to the house of the bears, oh what did her blue eyes see". The children acted out the story whilst we all sang the song together.

6. JEH

JEH

dear portugirl - I would love to have the Red Riding Hood rap - could you send it to me please? big thanks!
    jane@hallman.co.uk

7. portugirl

portugirl New commenter

you have mail!

8. I would love a copy of the rap too if its not too much trouble? thank you

vikkiread13@hotmail.com

thanks again

9. dear portugirl - I would love to have the Red Riding Hood rap - could you send it to me please? big thanks!
    hannah.thom18@hotmail.co.uk

10. Me too please xx
    foresta@hotmail.co.uk