1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Songs about reaching goals

Discussion in 'Primary' started by yoitsjo, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Hi everyone!
    Here I am writing my class assembly once again...
    We are talking about what we are good at, telling the story of Ambrose goes for gold (thank you to the tesser that suggested that), singing a song about what we are good at, talking about what we want to get better at and how we will get better and then I would like a song.
    I did a very similar assembly last year with a different story and different songs. I used 'reach for the stars' which was a hit with the parents as the children all sang and danced to the song. I am trying to find a song that will match that! I was thinking about 'Don't stop never give up' by S Club 7 but am not sure that it is as good...does anybody have any other bright ideas?!
    Thanks in advance!

2. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Starship - Nothing's gonna stop us now. Lyrics can be interpreted to be about friendship as well as love.....

3. Eye of the tiger? Sorry can't think of any more! Trying to help as you took the time to help me earlier! When you believe - Mariah Carey? Sorry x

4. Good ideas! Thank you both for your replies!
    Lardylegs...that is the problem that I am finding that so many lyrics could be deemed inappropriate for Year 1 children to be singing!!

5. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

6. "Teaspoon at a Time", by Dave Kinnoin. individual track from CD of the same name.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/teaspoon-at-a-time/id308944889

7. Thank you both for your replies I will look into those songs as I have not heard them before!

8. Katherine Dines is a childrens' songwriter (grammy nominee) who has a few songs about reaching goals, from thje CD "Hunkta Bunkta Boo2", are the tracks, ""All You Have to do is Try", and "Muscle and Bones" I'd highly recomment them for Y1:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/kdines2