1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Song with the catchiest chorus - discuss!

Discussion in 'Music' started by njm102, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I'm doing a songwriting unit with year 9 and want lots of examples of songs with a great chorus. Got a few but was wondering what your suggestions might be?

Thanks

2. I'm doing a songwriting unit with year 9 and want lots of examples of songs with a great chorus. Got a few but was wondering what your suggestions might be?

Thanks

3. Hi NJM102,

If you're looking for a combination of good chorus's and songwriting techniques, look no further than The Beatles 'Abbey Road' album (more specifically, the tracks "Maxwell's Silver Hammer", "Octopus's Garden" and "Something".

"You Aint Seen Nothing Yet" by BTO is obviously a classic summer song with one of the catchiest chorus's known to mankind. Generally speaking however, this soft rock from the late 60's and early 70's is really full of gems. It'd be excellent to introduce your students to some classic works rather than 'playing safe' and going with more recent products.

Tom (P.S - Could someone inform me how to place 'paragraph lines' in posts? Thanks in advance)