1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Song help!

Discussion in 'Music' started by skybloo, Jan 29, 2016.

1. skybloo

skybloo New commenter

Hi all,
    I need some song music help!!!
    In March my class is partIcipating in something called morning of music. It's a bit like young voices but on a much smaller scale. The theme we have been given is called 'Road to Rio'. All the songs we are learning are on the theme of olympics/Brazil/carnival based. My dilemma is we have to do a party piece. This is a song my class has to learn and perform to the other classes from the other schools.
    I don't know what party piece to do. I need some ideas on fantastic pieces we could do!! I did start looking at Cuban Pete (song from the Mask) but it's Cuban and it's really fast for my year 2's!

Thank you!

2. englishteach101

englishteach101 Occasional commenter

How about Stevie Wonder's version of Happy Birthday? Cool and the Gang's 'Celebrate good times'? 'Waving Flag' from the football world cup (I re-wrote the lyrics once for that and created a school anthem which was great fun)

3. brookey1970

brookey1970 New commenter

The round "Samba Chill, Samba Brazil" might be a good one.

4. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

If you can get hold of it, there are some nice Olympic themed songs in the BBC's "Time And Tune" booklet from summer 1988.