1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Song for thankyou assembly to parent helpers etc.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by purrrrrfect44, Jun 6, 2011.

1. purrrrrfect44

purrrrrfect44 New commenter

Each year my school has an assembly where each class performs a song as a thank you to all the helpers we have had in school over the year. It is my first year in the school (and as a teacher) so im struggling to think of ideas. I have searched the internet for any children's songs based on the thank you theme but cannot find anything. Does anyone have any good suggestions, I would be grateful for any ideas. Thank you, Laura. Oh and my class is year 2, so nothing too complicated.

2. purrrrrfect44

purrrrrfect44 New commenter

Each year my school has an assembly where each class performs a song as a thank you to all the helpers we have had in school over the year. It is my first year in the school (and as a teacher) so im struggling to think of ideas. I have searched the internet for any children's songs based on the thank you theme but cannot find anything. Does anyone have any good suggestions, I would be grateful for any ideas. Thank you, Laura. Oh and my class is year 2, so nothing too complicated.

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

What about the hymn Thank You Lord for This New Day. It's in Come and Praise.
    It's quite a lively song. You could put some percussion or actions to it and make up your own verses.