1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

sonata form

Discussion in 'Music' started by jonowen, Jan 12, 2012.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

I forgot that I told my higher class we would be doing/revising sonata form on Fri 13th Jan - looked at diary 10 mins ago and remembered!! I have to do it tomorrow as all pupils will be in (rarity) and prelim is 10 days away. I'd planned to "do" a Mozart piano sonata (1st mvt) and am so annoyed with myself for forgetting, but I have no time to do a lengthy plan - anyone suggest a sonata that has on-line analysis for A-level standard pupils?
    (And before someone says I could be doing it now instead of asking on here - I'm trying to save time and have my 10 min lunch before my Music Therapy class, which lasts all afternoon, then an hour drive home, tea, Sibelius arrangement for Burns songs (for primary tomorrow before Higher class), sick relative to phone about and possibly phone to arrange appointments........I consider folk on here musical friends who understand my time-shortage!)
    Thanks guys!
    [​IMG]

2. tanbur

tanbur New commenter

I see you're sorted already, but maybe this one could be useful. Go to Listen 3 on 'Tanbur Music Education Links', scroll to the bottom of the page and load the analysis of Mozart's Piano Concerto in G, first movt. (needs Adobe Shockwave to play).
    They could also look at the link to 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik' on Listen 2.

3. If you really want to spin the class out...: -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iHwqAj3Ws
    I bought the set of discs and my students love Mr.Bernstein. The 'What Makes Music Symphonic' episode is great for detail on development.

4. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Thank you all so much - Jenny, just watched your link and it's ideal for my class.
    Can I just say how much I do value most people and their opinions on here? This has been a particularly difficult week but you have cheered me up - thanks again. I know that education is in a forever changing state and the latest is that we have to teach Music as a core subject for S1, S2 and S3 as from this August. I have gone from feeling excited about it and inspiring more young people to the opposite and thinking about wee Johnny who hates music with a passion and still has to endure my class for 3 never-ending years (I would have hated to have PE as a core subject at that age so I can understand hating a subject with a passion)
    Anyway, off to sing and play with 20 enthusiastic 8-10 year olds in a minute...........and it's Friday-what could be better?!!
    Happy weekend everyone!
    [​IMG]
    Joni x