1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Somewhere cheap to stay in London Sept/Oct?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ROSIEGIRL, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Established commenter

Daughter number one has seen a lovely temp job - just 4 weeks, September - October. Perfect experience for her but it's in London, which makes it complicated.
    Any ideas of somewhere cheap she could stay?

2. Depends on where she is working and how much she is earning.
    Travelling in London can really rinse your money very quickly.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Are there any backpacker hostels?Might be full of Aussies and Kiwis but would be a bed in a dorm for a month, a chance to meet some interesting people and they often give discounts for a months stay.

4. I agree with pinkflopflop that she should try to stay close to where she's working, to avoid travel costs. If she's working near the City, I'd recommend St Paul's YHA - I've been really impressed with it and it's less manic than the more 'backpacker' ones such as St Pancras.

5. Baden Powell House is pretty central and is cheap for london. It's pretty similar in price to YHA but without having to pay the extra non-member fees (unless you already have YHA mambership). Don't be put off that you have to book through a german website.