1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Something to share with your colleagues in the PE Department

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Andrew Jeffrey, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

From the BBC website this morning:

The Windies were 226-6, chasing 243, but were remarkably bowled out for 225 as England kept alive their hopes of reaching the World Cup Super Eights.
    Interesting abuse of mathematics, that!

2. Remarkable indeed!

3. No good for PE teachers, you have gone beyond calculations with single digits.

4. Another issue that the WIndies were clearly going backwards. Negative numbers!

5. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Thanks weebecka - I guess if Colin makes his living writing for ATM he may be understandably hesitant to share his work on here freely, but you never know!

At least our cricketers did better this week than our rugby team! Oh dear, how painful was that to watch?

6. I think anyone making a living writing for ATM would have to live in cave and eat grass Andrew![​IMG]
    He teaches full time so he generates and tests masses of good stuff. This is one of his and it's really good:
    http://www.atm.org.uk/shop/products/act075.html
    so - if he does turn up here, everbody be nice to him please?

7. And also possible. In recent times scores can be adjusted after the fact I think, so sixes can be reclassified as fours ...... though it's probably a typo.

8. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Certainly. It will only cost him £10.00, or £7.50 if he’s a fully-paid up member of the Vince Ulam Fan Club (offer available only to Direct Debit customers).

9. You have made this comment twice

Why

How would we know it was him

Why should we be any nicer or less nice to him than we are to any other poster

So why do you feel the need to make this point

10. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

She makes a point of an entirely different kind to children who have forgotten their homework, as she reports in post 234 here:
    <u><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><u><font size="2" color="#0000ff">https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/470130/6635169.aspx#6635169</font></u>
    </font></u>She has her her "ways of making the point", apparently.
    I expect that when she was a schoolteacher she experienced high rates of truancy from her classes.

11. that's a cutting remark Vince!