1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Something that will take the pressure off teachers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Here:

"A Zimbabwean pastor has reportedly convinced his congregants his holy pens can make students pass their exams - and the more you pay for one, the better grades you'll get.

Prophet Sham Hungwe of House of Grace International Church in Harare is selling the pens, which cost from $1 up to $20.

According to News24Zim, the prophet told his congregation those sitting exams only needed faith and one of the special pens to pass.

"They are anointed and I declare passes when your children sit for exams. They are said to work for anyone who is sitting for any test," he said.

According to Nigerian Watch, one parishioner testified: "My son is not very bright and I think this will help him. With the knowledge he has acquired and this pen from the man of God, I think it is going to work."

One student said he scored highly in his A-levels last year after using the pen he was given by the prophet, reports Amebo Book.

2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Am I the only person who read word 11 in the story with an 'i' in it?

Makes it a much more amusing tale.

cally1980 likes this.
  3. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Although obviously related, I was thinking it is all a load of spherical objects.

ScotSEN likes this.
  4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

I did exactly the same!

5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

According to Nigerian Watch, one parishioner testified: "My son is not very bright and I think this will help him. With the knowledge he has acquired and this pen from the man of God, I think it is going to work."

His SON is not very bright? I wonder where he gets it from?

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

7. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

That was my default function :D