1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Something new please ..

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Toomuchtooyoung, May 17, 2019.

1. Toomuchtooyoung

Toomuchtooyoung Occasional commenter

At the end of my book stash. Waiting for the latest Rory Clements in paperback. Anything new about in the crime / historical genre please?

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

[​IMG]
    Mark is my niece's husband. He has published several books about 20th century music but this is his first novel. it's out at the end of the month I believe. I'm ordering it from my local bookshop with the hope she might order a spare to go on the shelves.

Toomuchtooyoung likes this.
  3. Toomuchtooyoung

I’ll look out for it. A writer in the family how fab.

lindenlea likes this.
  4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Ambrose Parry ( aka Chris Brookmyre and wife) ... the Way of All Flesh - Edinburgh 1847 ? , surgery and the use of ether / chloroform plus crime / murder . First of a trilogy - I loved it ...

5. Toomuchtooyoung

Thank you . Sounds like my thing.

6. HistoryEducator

HistoryEducator New commenter

Diana Gabaldon series (it's been dramatized but I only watched the 1st series as the books were far superior.
    In the UK, number 1 book can go under 2 names" Crossstitch " or "Outlander".
    They are known worldwide as the Outlander series.
    This is the one book I would save if my house is on fire.
    It's a genre mix of time- travel/historical/suspense you are better off knowing nothing about the story when you start reading. It's 5 stars plus.

7. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

I'm currently finishing Life After Life - loving it.

8. rayondesoleil1976

rayondesoleil1976 Occasional commenter

Also Prague Spring by Simon Mawer