1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Something good happened at school today - a positive thread about Education - feel free to add your own. No miseryguts comments allowed.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impis, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Have ben on supply since the start of term in the same class in a lovely, but quite challenging class (Y5). It was my last day with them today and when I told them lots of them started crying and said they were going to miss me (I will miss quite a few of them too, but not all!!) Got lots of hugs, including from a boy who is a pain in the butt and he started crying as he did so. Really made my day.

Then I got home to find out I have been invited to interview for a job I really want! So am really happy tonight, plus my man is coming over soon, so a fab day all around!!

2. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

One of my Year 13s came and wanted a proper grown up conversation about doing Maths at university. She is the first student we have had applying to do Maths in years. I am so pleased that she enjoys my subject that much!

3. YOY

YOY

I recently went back to work support role) after maternity leave. In all the sites I work in I've had a great welcome - people have actually missed my and, perhaps more importantly, have noticed what I do, and that what I do makes a difference. They've obviously told my boss this too - as they commented on the positive feedback they've had.I've come to the realisation that I actually quite like my job :)

4. impis

impis New commenter

Yesterday, one of our year 9 boys asked me, sincerely, 'Miss, are you a womaniser?'.

'Sorry,no' I replied He then turned to a classmate.

'Are you a womaniser?' he asked him.

'Wots one 'o them? came the reply.

A boy from across the room offered his opinion - 'Its someone who likes women I think'.

'Oh, yeah, I'll be one 'o them when i'm older' said boy 2. Boy one was still looking confused.

'Why is Britney singing about a womaniser then?' he puzzled.

They did make me laugh.

[I should maybe point out that these are pupils with moderate learning difficulties, and they are not at all streetwise]

5. impis

impis New commenter

up for the night shift

6. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Yesterday...
    Got a Christmas card from a student I taught last year.
    Was thanked for a lesson by a Year 7 pupil.
    Some work was set by my HOD - and my difficult Year 9s came clamouring to ME for approval of their work before showing to HOD.
    Received some good news in the post about own child's progress in sixth form.

7. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

I had a card saying one of my students has nominated me for teacher of the year

8. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Wow. Well done! Who could possibly beat that?

9. This is a coincidence!

I thought I would log in and start a positive teaching thread (as I'm not very positive at the moment) - something like " the best thing about teaching is....."

Well done Madlady!

10. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

Thank you - i haven't told anyone at work so have been keeping it to myself

11. We won't tell anyone but we'll keep a look out for you on the box. Should be easily recognisable in that hat.

12. That's lovely, madwoman.

I fought long and hard for a children with serious behavioural and learning difficulties to be admitted to my class - HT has decided she'd rather we didn't have so many children with special needs and told me not to 'go crying' to her if it didn't work out.

Watching him today, on his first day, sitting on the carpet and listening to story (after SENCO at his nursery told me 'he doesn't do sitting', and running around the playground with a huge smile on his face - well, I did feel a little emotional.

13. madwoman

madwoman New commenter

lol - that is my dog in the hat silly!
    I am the one with slightly less facial hair!

14. I'm an NQT and have according to senior management "the worst class in the school". I hate that title. We have really worked hard together and today I had at least five different members of staff coming to tell me what a difference I have made to my class and that they don't dread teaching them anymore or coming across them. I'm so proud of my class as they have made the difference. They are my superstars :)

15. impis

impis New commenter

Congrats Cailin - thats fabulous!

Maddy - well done!

16. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

I do MFL in a local Primary one afternoon a week - this week (after a break of 4 weeks due to Christmas hols and then the disruption which is associated with the end of the Autumn Term) my Y2s greeted me with delight, including a little boy who flung his arms around my waist and declared "Madame C, I have misted you!". Not used to that in Secondary!

17. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

And yes, he did say "misted"!

18. andromache

andromache New commenter

i'm going to add this thread to my hotlist, to help me remember all the good things which happen all the time (but are so easily swamped by **** which is usually nothing to do with the kids!)

congrats to cailin, madwoman and teddy, and thank you to the op, sorry i can't remember who that was.

19. impis

impis New commenter

It was me!

[I hope you are ok andro!]

20. andromache

andromache New commenter

how could i not remember you, impis?

i'm ok thanks, hope you had a lovely christmas and new year xx