1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Something for the weekend

Discussion in 'Personal' started by monicabilongame, Dec 10, 2015.

1. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

2. gameofdrones

gameofdrones Established commenter

I thought this would be about the Sunday hangover programme with the chef.

I like the chef but the blond one is a tool.

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

When I was a kid, "Something for the weekend, Sir?" was the euphemistic question the barber at the gentlemen's hairdressers used to enquire whether a customer required condoms; the barbers being pretty much the only place one could buy them.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/327450.html

I remember once being asked the question by the barber to amuse his other customers as he dusted off my collar. I was aged seven or eight, so the others in the shop found this quite funny although I couldn't understand why. They laughed even more, to my puzzled surprise, when I replied that i would like to take a selection of Dandy and Beano comics home.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    ScotSEN, marlin and kibosh like this.
  4. gameofdrones

gameofdrones Established commenter

That would probably count as child abuse these days and somebody would report the barber.

ScotSEN and kibosh like this.
  5. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Beer?

ScotSEN likes this.
  6. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Yes, please. Best bring two pints. The first might disappear quite quick.

ScotSEN likes this.
  7. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Was hoping someone would bring me beer... didn't anticipate being the supplier.

ScotSEN and kibosh like this.
  8. rachelpaula008

rachelpaula008 Star commenter

Sleep. For the last two weekends I've woken early and felt I had to seize the day, even though nothing was really planned. I want to sleep late this weekend and not feel as if I'm lazy.