1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Somerset Skills

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bryonys26, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Thanks for that link, I'm not sure it's those (still pretty handy though!)
    Apparently, they are similar to the key skills in the NC that you can use as the foundations when planning?
    Hmmmmm my search continues!

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Are you sure you can't contact someone at school to point you in the right direction? I searched for ages using what you had told me and this was the only likely suspect - the thing that's somes up first when you search Somerset Skills doen't seem to be right at all. (http://www.learnsomerset.co.uk/) I'm sure you've seen this.
    Glad you thought the sheets were handy though - I thought they looked quite good. [​IMG]

3. marlin

whoops! doesn't

4. Hello again,
    Yep, I found that website too, and it can't be that! Looks like I will just ask the school! I just wanted to go in with a bit of knowledge beforehand (as its my final placement ahhhhhhh!! - can't believe how quickly the course has gone!)
    Just out of interest, do you think 26 weeks in school is enough/too little/too much when training? I'm on a SCITT course, so just under half my time is spent at college and the majority in schools.
    [​IMG]

5. doen't
    whoops! doesn't
    ha ha!! I'm always terrified of spelling mistakes/grammatical errors etc on here too! [​IMG]

6. marlin

I really wouldn't want to comment on the 26 weeks question - I'm sure whatever I say will be contradicted by someone else!
    It really depends I suppose on the amount of support you are given. Most of us find though that the real learning starts once you have a class of your own - in fact we never stop learning!
    Are you sure you don't have a contact number or email to ask someone about the Somerset Skills at the school? It really does sound a very sensible question to ask.

7. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

It wouldn't be connected with Somerset Thinking Skills, would it? Normally associated with gifted children but possibly adaptable for all.

8. oooooo possibly thanks x