1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Somerset SCITT Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Jenniflower08, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I have an interview this week for the Somerset SCITT and I am more nervous than I imagined I would be!
    I applied late for courses (May - I was initially planning to do a year as a TA and apply to start September 2010 as my only teaching experience is extra curricular but decided I might as well apply for this course after talking to my uni tutor) so I wasn't expecting to hear anything but last Thursday I received a letter inviting me for interview [​IMG]
    I've been preparing for it (although I have a baby so it's not been as easy as it used to be at uni to prepare for things lol) but I'm starting to worry (it's on Thursday).
    Has anyone else applied late and actually been offered a place? They must have been holding interviews for a while now so is it possible this is some kind of reseve thing? (They do say they still have vacancies on GTTR).
    I'm also worried about my lack of classroom experience (although this was on my application form so they will be aware of it), surely that is going to be a significant disadvantage compared to other prospective students?
    Just babbling (my first post)

2. Hi

How did the interview go? I trained with Somerset SCITT 2007/08. Now teaching Year 5, have had two temporary contracts but will be permanent from September with my current school.

Boots

3. Thanks :)

I thought I messed up - the interview (both informal and formal) seemed to go ok as did the presentation but I lost my train of thought completely in the pupil panel task. I put it down to experience though (really enjoyed it).

I got a letter on Saturday though telling me I have a conditional offer!!! [​IMG] So suprised (but very pleased)

4. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

Congratulations! May I ask how much state school experience you have? I seem to be in the same situation - a lot of work experience, but not much that fits neatly into their "X days working observation in a state comp".

5. Congratulations Jenni.

6. Congratulations, I have just finished Somerset SCITT. Looking forward to starting work in September but kind of wishing I was still a carefree student.

7. Hi,

I have my interview next week for primary PGCE and GTP, and was wondering how you found he whole experience? my letter says nothing about a formal interview or any tests, so I am starting to get a bit worried reading about all those maths/science/English exams and formal interviews...

what are you up to now and how is your training going so far?
    congratulations!

8. Hi,

I was just wondering how your interview went? I have mine next week, and would welcome any advice you are willing to give.

I have planned what I am doing but it is definitely far from well practised! What age group of children did you have? I have applied for Primary rather than early years so am hoping for older rather than younger children.

Hope yours went really well!