1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Someones uploaded ANOTHER of my resources to sell!

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, Jan 12, 2017.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

2. Tes_Natalie

Tes_Natalie New commenter

@emjcot Thanks for alerting us. The details have been forwarded to our Content team and appropriate action will be taken. For information on our takedown policy please see https://www.tes.com/takedown-policy

3. EC_Resources

Many thanks Natalie - fellow authors I seriously recommend you do regular search checks on similar resources to yours. This one of mine was a good seller and I wondered why I'd not sold any for a few days - this had not only nicked content from mine but pushed mine below in the search in the process!

4. EC_Resources

Looking at it more closely the PPs the same too - she's just switched the font and changed the display! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

5. GoGoTeacherArms

GoGoTeacherArms Occasional commenter

I think this is becoming a real issue and there is too much emphasis on sellers self policing the situation. Maybe TES peeps could have some sort of task force to actively search for duplicated resources from two different contributors/sellers and investigate?

6. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

In an ideal world @GoGoTeacherArms ... It is becoming rather more frequent and highly irritating for the authors of the original resources.
    It's happened to me too!

emjcot likes this.
  7. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I am so sorry this has happened to you emjcot! I have had this happen to me and it feels so violating. I am so angry for you!

emjcot likes this.
  8. GoGoTeacherArms

GoGoTeacherArms Occasional commenter

@cate_h It hasn't happened to me (I don't think). Sounds like it is happening to many authors though and I do feel something more radical needs to be done to deter those who are plagiarising. Otherwise this will surely just get worse.

cate_h and emjcot like this.
  9. EC_Resources

I just can't believe how much thought they actually put into the copy though, it's scary. All I can see of the PP is the first page, and that is exactly the same wording and activity from my first page, different style, display and font....LO stolen from page 2 of my PP, then - and this is what really takes the michael, the wording is made so small you couldn't spot the copy from a preview pick. Then an identical worksheet. It's still up there - check this person's stuff guys in case they've nicked anything of yours!

10. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

I think that anyone caught doing this sort of thing should have their account at TES terminated - after all, it's plain theft! It's not enough just to remove that particular product... I feel for you emjcot - it must be like being burgled.:mad:

11. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

I feel like downloading their freebie and putting a comment on it like 'is this yours? or is it one you have stolen!

emjcot likes this.
  12. EC_Resources

@Krazikas lol I hadn't thought of that! Perhaps I should!

13. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

On a brighter note - I can only see yours now. The link to there's brings up an error message. A small win :)

emjcot likes this.
  14. EC_Resources

Well that's good to see anyway!

15. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

This could be clamped down on fairly easily by requiring that ALL sellers provide their bank details (and personal contact details) before they can sell their first resource.

TES would then have details of who the thieves are and appropriate legal action could follow along with ensuring they can't simply set up another account and do it all over again.

16. thistledoo

thistledoo Senior commenter

So, this is my first time on this thread/ forum. I usually, now and again put resources on TES for free. Are people using 'free' resources, copying them and placing them back on TES for sale? Also, copying resources that people sell and re-jigging them and uploading them as 'free'?

What a ridiculous state of affairs. Sad.

emjcot likes this.