1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Someone has uploaded one of my resources as their own!

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, Dec 22, 2016.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

2. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Tes_Natalie

Tes_Natalie New commenter

@emjcot
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated the matter to our Content Team and appropriate action will be taken. For information on our takedown policy please see https://www.tes.com/takedown-policy. In the meantime if you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us authors@tes.com.

emjcot likes this.
  4. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

@emjcot
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've escalated the matter to our Content Team and appropriate action will be taken. For information on our takedown policy please see https://www.tes.com/takedown-policy. In the meantime if you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us authors@tes.com.

emjcot likes this.
  5. EC_Resources

6. EC_Resources

7. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

It's already been taken down.:)

Lara mfl 05 and emjcot like this.
  8. EC_Resources

It was really quickly I'm pleased to say!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. vuvuzela

vuvuzela Occasional commenter

Was it another teacher? I'm just wondering because anything that makes money online sooner or later attracts quick-buck merchants who ruin things for everyone else. Why do you think Kindle clamped down so hard on publishers a few years back? And Ebay. And Amazon...

10. EC_Resources

Hi vuvuzela, yes it was. A PE teacher by the looks and they're still trading on here too. No idea if the rest of their stuff is their own or not.

11. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Why weren't they banned for uploading someone else's resources? :eek: I don't think they should be allowed to trade if they've done this.

emjcot, Krazikas and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  12. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I must admit I think there could be a case for some 'repercussions' for such an action.
    If not what's to deter others. And who has time to trawl through it to check?

Just to say I have no problem with someone adapting any resources I've put up for their own use but would object to them then charging.

mathsmutt, emjcot and marlin like this.
  13. wanet

wanet Star commenter

This was always going to happen when there are no checks.

Lara mfl 05, mathsmutt and marlin like this.
  14. vuvuzela

Interesting.
    I suggest you get yourself a brand and matching website and lock the logo, website name and copyright notice into every page by producing lockable, password-protected pdfs. It's not foolproof, but it might deter people from ripping you off and if resources get passed around the Internet (as they do) you will be advertising your website and your brand, which might generate interest (and sales).

mathsmutt likes this.
  15. EC_Resources

Thanks for the advice, I'm still a bit of a novice really but I could certainly do with getting to grips with things!

16. vuvuzela

There is certainly a learning curve to it, but it is doable. I've been through it all myself, and made plenty of mistakes - some costly over the years. But stick at it and you can grow your publishing business in all sorts of ways you haven't yet considered.

mathsmutt and emjcot like this.