1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Someone has to say it. It's TOO HOT!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grumpydogwoman, Jun 30, 2015.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I'm British. It's too hot. If I wanted to live in Morocco then I'd move.

2. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

It's not too hot, it's perfect weather. The temperature needs to rise a few degrees before I'llconsider taking my cardigan off. :)

3. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I'm thoroughly enjoying the heat!!

OK, It's one of my days off but I have all the windows open and had brought in my first load of washing before the third load was finished. I've stayed in the cool, in the house. My house is probably the coldest ever, so I'm cool!!

As a typical Celt, I do suffer if I stay in the sun-my arms were stinging when I'd just put the washing on the line!!

Tomorrow I'm back at school and it will be stuffy in the classrooms. Most of the windows have restricted openings so little chance of creating a breeze.

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Nooooo!

I live with someone who has the heating on 25 degrees until mid-June. I turn it down. She turns it up.

18 is fine. Grrrr!

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Luckily both myself and himself have faulty internal thermostats so our heating can be on for more months than most!! [​IMG]

6. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Too damned hot! Can't even get comfy naked.

7. tidal

tidal New commenter

It only got up to 27° here today so it's not that bad

Tomorrow may be worse though

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, just heard a rumble of thunder. Just had an (albeit much too short) burst of rain and has cooled considerably here.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Do you take your fur off or keep it on, to qualify as naked? Just asking.

I'm loving the warmth. Up here in Scotland (my bit, at any rate) it's not hot yet, imo, at 24 degrees . . . it's properly warm though, for the first time in over a year.

10. tidal

tidal New commenter

Nothing like a good sticky night

11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

It is glorious! I am going to miss it when it turns to rain tomorrow. Boo!

13. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It's warmish, but here on the south coast there is a breeze which takes the edge off. Most of the time it's too windy, but just now, the breeze is very welcome.

14. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Anything above 15 degrees is intolerably foreign.

15. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I take it back! Last night was uncomfortable.

16. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Got up at 5.30, far too hot, fans on all night, horrendous. 22 degrees at 7.30

17. tidal

tidal New commenter

When I finally went to bed at 1am it was a mere 17C and is only 5 degrees higher now

Guess we got lucky here

18. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

It got to 40 degrees in my back garden, it's very sheltered, last evening. The temp here at 7.30 was 26 and has been climbing since. Warming up nicely :)

19. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

The only thermometer I own is a meat thermometer. If that starts to indicate anything, I'd reckon it's probably a bit warm.

20. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

I'd much rather be complaining about the heat now than the cold in February.