1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Some threads won't let me reply

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by Spiritwalkerness, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Usually there's a white box underneath the last post in the thread into which you can respond (and also gives you the 'use rich formatting' option.

Have tried three different threads now - one on Primary - the one about the Pam Gidney poem, and two on Entertainment.

This has happened previously but I've never thought to ask on here.

Anyone else have this problem?

...and funnily enough, this post hasn't got a white text box underneath, so I guess no-one will be able to respond to it.

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I can respond but I'm confused about how it works. Some of my replies appear straight away but at other times there's a message saying it has to be approved for public viewing. I'm not using bad language or anything so I don't know what triggers this message.

3. Flere-Imsaho

This one just says my comment requires moderation. What did I say??

4. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

@Spiritwalkerness
    @Flere-Imsaho

Are you still having issues with replying to threads?

Are you able to send me the links to the specific threads or send screen grabs of what you can see?

Thank you.

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@Spiritwalkerness
    It took me several attempts but I replied on that thread - did you actually have a copy of the poem and could have helped the poster out?

6. Spiritwalkerness

I have the book in the house somewhere - it's one of the Works ones

7. marlin

marlin Star commenter

8. Flere-Imsaho

I have no posts showing but I have posted twice above. I'm testing to see if this registers.

9. Flere-Imsaho

@TES_Rosaline It was just the old site where I struggled. This new one seems better.

10. Spiritwalkerness

@TES_Rosaline
    Yep same here - it was the old site where I was having this problem.

11. TES_Rosaline

Glad to hear it @Flere-Imsaho and @Spiritwalkerness

Have a good weekend.

12. TES_Rosaline

Thank you for letting me know. I'm off home soon so tag me if you have any technical issues and I will follow up on Monday.

Enjoy posting on the new forums.

13. WaylonWu

WaylonWu Established commenter

I'm having a similar problem to Flere-Imsaho who I notice is a 'new contributor' too. But my problem is with this site. On the old site I was not being moderated but here I am being moderated despite not having had any posts deleted! How come? Also, on the old site I could post unmoderated on some threads but here none at all. There's also the problem of those posts which eventually make it onto the site taking days to appear. This one will probably take at least 3 days to appear if there is no moderation on weekends.

I also don't understand why some people were moderated on the old site but not here, while others were not moderated on the old site but are here? What is the answer? Also, is there a way of asking moderators these questions directly without having to either start a thread about them or post them on an existing thread?

14. WaylonWu

I just posted this but it disappeared off the page a second later! What is going on?

I'm having a similar problem to Flere-Imsaho who I notice is a 'new contributor' too. But my problem is with this site. On the old site I was not being moderated but here I am being moderated despite not having had any posts deleted! How come? Also, on the old site I could post unmoderated on some threads but here none at all. There's also the problem of those posts which eventually make it onto the site taking days to appear. This one will probably take at least 3 days to appear if there is no moderation on weekends.

I also don't understand why some people were moderated on the old site but not here, while others were not moderated on the old site but are here? What is the answer? Also, is there a way of asking moderators these questions directly without having to either start a thread about them or post them on an existing thread?

15. WaylonWu

I see after the original post disappearing it came back again! Weird.

16. WaylonWu

Also @TES_Rosaline, when will posts I made 4 days ago appear? ​

17. WaylonWu

Also @TES_Rosaline, reading through the 'How To' guide I notice there is no link to start a conversation which means I can't even start a conversation. Will this link be fixed?

18. marlin

marlin Star commenter

I responded when you mentioned this on another thread too. I think you don't have the 'start a conversation' function whilst you are being pre-moderated. When the Beta forum was opened up for everyone to have a look and a 'play' I was put under pre-moderation as part of the testing process. I was unable to start a conversation.
    sending private messages/checking for messages

19. WaylonWu

Yes I saw that there yesterday. Thanks