1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Some simple questions which I am sure will be answered

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by yfel_endwerce, Oct 12, 2015.

1. yfel_endwerce

yfel_endwerce Established commenter

but will they be answered publicly?

@TES_Rosaline @TES_Community

I am, as you may have noticed by now, incredibly stubborn and also plagued by both curiosity and and enjoyment of (un)intentional farce So after having every single one of my posts (to date) publicised I am just wondering;
    • why you have seen fit to continue my pre-moderation?
    • why a lot of new posters do not also get such restrictions?
    • if you see any prospect of ending my pre-moderation?
    • if you expect me to become sufficiently fed up to quit?
    If the answer to the first is that it is a routine procedure then the answer to the second should be remarkably interesting
    If the answer to the third is no, or even you don't know yet, then perhaps you could explain the reasoning?
    If the answer to the fourth is yes, may I direct your attention to the phrase in red above?

It is your choice to either ignore this or to ban me for asking the questions. The last would be even more amusing
    I am informed that I can be banned anyway at your discretion so those options are open to you and in the end you will have to choose.

Please do not reply by conversation as 1) As I am prevented from starting conversation myself that would seem unfair and 2) I'm not just asking these questions on my own behalf but so TES users can be aware of how the pre-moderation system works in practice and how the anomalies in the system can be explained
    Which is, of course, why I haven't asked these questions by e-mail as both replies to conversations and e-mails cannot, (I am led to believe) be quoted on TES

In your own time ;):D

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Rosaline is on annual leave, @yfel_endwerce . Perhaps your posts have always been tagged to her, rather than perhaps @TES_Will or @TES_Pippa ?

And there ARE bugs in the system - for example I cannot always reply to Conversations myself, and another long-term poster (currently a Prominent contributor) cannot start Conversations either. Other people too have been pre-moderated for too long, because of some bug.

So what I am saying is: Don't think it's just you. Don't take it personally.

It may be just your bad luck that the bugs are affecting you.

Of course it may not be, and perhaps you are the poster from uffern that they are trying valiantly to dissuade. ;)

But I don't think that's likely!

3. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

So don't take it personally but here's a personal comment about your username to reassure you?
    o_O

Should people really have to persevere to such lengths to post here? I enjoy the new format but the group of people posting anything other than "I hate teaching - help me!" is quite small. If you want a vibrant online community you need to attract lots of posters not put people off by making it hard work to join and get started.

And while we're on a tagged to the mods thread - can you please do something about the mess of stickies and wrong placed posts on the Welcome page. Saying something new is coming when it has been here for a while is confusing people. You need to cut it down to the "How to post" help guide, include a message about finding the appropriate forum and then start moving all the misplaced threads to the relevant places.

Not that you need me to tell you how to do your jobs.
    :oops:

[ / RANT ]

4. TES_Will

TES_Will New commenter

Good morning,

I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. We are looking into the situation and will answer your questions as soon as possible.

@Flere-Imsaho I will also pass on your concerns.

Thank you,

Will - TES Community Team

5. Flere-Imsaho

Thank you.
    :)

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

?

7. Flere-Imsaho

Ah, sorry, Theo Griff, I am mixing up my Anglo Saxon and Welsh. I didn't think you might be a Welsh speaker.

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am indeed Welsh, @Flere-Imsaho , although my grandchildren in N Wales would roll over laughing at the thought that anyone would consider me a Welsh speaker except in the most limited of circumstances. I can't even do easy sums in Welsh, as they love to point out.

;)

Best wishes

9. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Well deserved.

10. yfel_endwerce

I wasn't. That's why I have made the plea for an on-forum reply
    If it was just me I would have asked for a pm or e-mail.

I'm not Welsh (if that is welsh?) and require translation please. o_O

Thanks for the information. I'm sure she does deserve a break after all her efforts.
    Whilst I was aware of both Will and Pippa (having seen comments from them on various forums) I'm was (and am still) not sure of their remit/responsibilities. Is there a organisational structure page somewhere? Or even a list of contacts? (Can there be one please?)
    Which is why I "tagged" the two I did know about.

And I thank Will for his reply (if it was directed to me)

My user-name was chosen for me (by an old friend who clearly knows me well ;)) and made me laugh so I kept it :D

Flere-Imsaho likes this.
  11. yfel_endwerce

and because I'm essentially honest, as well as being status conscious I really would like this resolved because I want my user status updated to reflect the awards received.

WAAAAH S'not fair !! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:D

marlin and Flere-Imsaho like this.
  12. TES_Will

TES_Will New commenter

Hi @yfel_endwerce,

We'll endeavour to have it resolved as soon as possible for you.

Thanks,

Will - TES Community Team

13. Flere-Imsaho

Hi @yfel_endwerce
    Google is your friend.
    But I'll help you along with some likes.
    :p

14. yfel_endwerce

Whatever other problems there are with my account, I must commend the admin staff on here for the improved speed with which they are activating my posts.
    I can very nearly be part of a debate now and that has improved my experience on here immensely.
    Given the troubles they are currently experiencing I deeply appreciate the time taken to do so and will try not to tax them too much with my input (output?)
    Many thanks to those involved

15. yfel_endwerce

I was, at first scan, a little offended by this but quickly realised that it was merely a joke and quite funny.
    First impressions can often be misleading. :rolleyes::D

16. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Indeed!

Indeed - from multiple continents too!

17. yfel_endwerce

How weird :confused:
    I got an alert from your last message Theo (I think)but can't see a "tag"o_O
    Have you edited or have you found another way of creating alerts?

If it's something technically complicated please don't bother to explain as I'm not very good with even simple technical stuff and probably won't understand:oops:

18. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I believe that the alert was from quoting you? @yfel_endwerce

19. yfel_endwerce

Could be @TheoGriff
    But in that case I have the alert system set wrong because it looks like this
    if this works of course- I think it's the first time I've tried live
    upload_2015-10-15_11-44-51.png

Yes it did
    Mind you I've probably got something wrong somewhere as I'm not every good at this yet

20. yfel_endwerce

As you can tell from the edit :oops: